Register To Comment
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First featherweight!

The Gimson GR01 14.4V want a tad more amps. I would advice a Scorpion XXL, or else the Botbitz controllers.

We use a Gimson GR01 9.6V/Scorpion XL combo, and it moves well, is very controlable, but doesn't have an abundance of power.

I know, a tad more expensive; on the other hand, all the XXL's and XL's Team RCC has in use didn't fail us. Except 1 time, and that was a bit of swarf , after removing the speedo worked again.

Concerning batteries. LiPo batteries ain't as expensive anymore, and the more strick rules don't offset the advantages.

A 4S ( 14.8V) 3000 mAh pack costs between £20 and £45 delivered at your door.

Would the Scorpion XXL offer anything much over a Sabertooth 2X25 though?

From what I can see the sabertooth is the same price but 25A and 50A continouous and peak respectively, 5A higher than the XXL for both. Also there'd be shipping involved for the XXL (and I'd probably want to get the mounting case/fan too!)

It seems the XXL has tad higher dependability.

But that could be me.
    Team RCC prefers the Robot Power speedo's.
    Hannibalito III uses the XXL, Hannibalito 4 the XL.

Kashei and Bullfrog use the Sidewinder .

if your not going to compete then the sabertooth 2x12 would do just for driving it round at h0me

Used all the above speedos, my review of them all;

Electronise.... relays sticking is a common fault, and control is pretty weak.

Sabertooth.... Everyone I've had seem to forget the centre point during a fight... Don't like any dimension engineering products.

Scorpion XL ... Probably give the best control of all 4, good customer support, very reliable, current handling is a bit low for the price. Nice and small... Would need to make your own surround.

Botbitz tz85a.... Great value for money, reliable, good customer support, good current handling, good all rounder... Would be my choice.

Botbitz tz85a.... Great value for money, reliable, good customer support, good current handling, good all rounder... Would be my choice.

Could you post a link Sir, so I can purchase some

Doesn't Cobalt use a Scorpion XXL? The way that thing drives it must be pulling more than 20amps?

Register To Comment