Register To Comment
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Eventorizon: Build Diary

Just from the look of it, I would be concerned as all the impact will happen at the tooth and that's the weakest part of the disk as it has that big hole cut out of it! I would be concerned the disk may be bent into the hole or even snap.
    but I have never used hardox or made a disk spinner so what would I know

I think you should check your calculations as that seems a ridiculous amount of extra material on one side to balance out the tooth. The deisgn is cool though

Taking on board your thoughts... Version 3

[attachment=1:3hmlwq2o]1 Tooth Disc V3 01.JPG[/attachment:3hmlwq2o]

[attachment=0:3hmlwq2o]1 Tooth Disc V3 02.JPG[/attachment:3hmlwq2o]

For scale, the radius of the tooth is 100mm, and the main body is 75mm and the disc is 20mm thick.

At its thinnest point it would be 15mm so a cross sectional area of 300mm^2. The original disc had a thinnest point of 20mm at 10mm thick, so 200mm^2. NST got a full on hit onto that point and the disc survived intact.

I am relying on solidworks 'centre of gravity' inside 'Mass Properties' to get the designed balanced. I just hope its right...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Can anyone suggest some ESC's for the scorpion brushless motors? (The actual scorpion ones will be very good but they are also very expensive)

One for the HK-5035-500KV and another for the HK-4035-800KV.

Both would be running at off 2 5S liops wired in series

Thanks In Advance

any controller for that amount of power will be expensive. Welcome to brushless.

I use castle creations

http://www.castlecreations.com/products ... x_ice.html

You would be looking at the phoenix ice 150 or 200

I figured, the 200 is the same cost as the scorpion commander we would have to use but you are right, its brushless

Buzzbar uses something a bit cheaper and uses the biggest brushless i've ever seen. Looks like a bit rubbish (and the spec might well be a little optimistic but last I heard from them it was running with no problems at all.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HOBBYWING-EZR ... 559wt_1114

The new design we are looking at... this is version 4. It will have 2 set ups, a drum spinner option and a heavy armour option. The drum option will use either a HK40 or HK50 Scorpion brushless motor and the armoured option will have an equivalently weighted hardox re-enforced front.
    [attachment=0:3blxvhy8]Ortho 01 800x800.JPG[/attachment:3blxvhy8]
    There will be belts running to give it 4 wheel drive and in the armoured configuration we are set up to have 4 of the Banebots 124mmx20mm tyres per wheel to give maximum grip.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Anttazz
    Buzzbar uses something a bit cheaper and uses the biggest brushless i've ever seen. Looks like a bit rubbish (and the spec might well be a little optimistic but last I heard from them it was running with no problems at all.
    I would be very temped to try that first, even if it goes up its considerably less than destroying a 120A scorpion commander! Thanks for that

Alex, that's the same brushless ESC that I use in Drumroll. It's a very nice controller, has a reverse function (along with many other options) and as Tony mentioned, coped with the big-ass brushless motor that resides in Buzzbar.

My lipos are only capable of supplying up to 88A, so the controller is quite over-spec'd for my needs. But I'm sure I remember Graeme saying they pulled 200A through it in Buzzbar briefly on occasions and it's still running well. Didn't take too long to be delivered, and for the price it's definitely worth it.

Nice design by the way

Register To Comment