Register To Comment
Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Eventorizon: Build Diary

What about Kaizer? At this rate we will take each other out and it will win. Lets dispatch of the pushy-forky thing first then have a proper scrap!

Quick up date, lots of small things have made a step forwards today.

Got all the Hardox countersunk on Conker 3, weirdly i had better luck with our Dewalt than an industrial pillar drill.. Tough job and I got through maybe 300ml of oil in the process but the CSK bit survived and everything does up nicely. I am a little worried that the top 2 holes are to close to the edge but there is nothing I can do about that now.

The 3D printed battery and electronics mount is in the post of the way from UWE. The Replicator has to much temperature fluctuation and kept warping during the build, pulling the model from the bed. Just goes to show that home 3D printers are no where near as good as a dedicated machine despite their massive growth in popularity.

All the little electronics parts for the power lights and the 2 spare 15mm wide belts for Conker 3's weapon are at the post office, but I will have to wait until Friday to pick them up.

And finally the two new Optipower Ultra packs for the weapon should be in the post tomorrow too. Each is a 6S 2.7Ah 50C pack.

I remembered what everyone said about them being to small for the motor so I double checked the HK 50 stats against the HK 4035 I was originally going to use. The HK 5020 actually pulls 10A less than the HK 4035 with just 90A. The Wattage if the motor is also 200W lower, at 4000W (only 5% but every little helps).

Mathematically, if I used 80% of the 2.7Ah packs (2.16 Ah) in a 3 minute fight I can pull 43A constant, I am not sure what the idol amp rating will be on the weapon at full speed but I am betting it will be a lot less than 43A and even with spikes during a hit I can't see the packs getting dangerously low.

Sounding good, I can't wait to see it for reals! And it turns out that I need something off Ceri, so I now have to fight Conker before going for Kaizer. Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by MicroGravity100 View Post
    ... it turns out that I need something off Ceri, so I now have to fight Conker before going for Kaizer. Sorry
    Oh well, looks like I will be earning some air miles then

Had the last load of goodies turn up today, so this weekend I will finally be able to get Conker 3 wired up and tested!

2014-04-04 17.37.29.jpg

So we have:
    -2x 2.7Ah 6S Optipower ultra packs, 15mm wide weapon timing belts, voltage regulators for the lighting, some thrust bearings for the front wheels, Castle Link USB to monitor the ESC's and last the 3D printed batteries and electronics mount. That is 5mm thick solid fill Nylon 6.

2014-04-04 18.55.08.jpg

Lipos are a fraction longer as usual so they are a snug fit length wise with enough space to gently push in some padding to keep them from shifting front to back. I will cut the cables shorter to get the EC5's in and allow the wires to slip down the holes on the right and off to the safety links.

2014-04-04 19.01.55.jpg

And this shows just how tight everything is going to be. I designed it to be snug but its going to be tricky to route all the cables neatly and safely. But when it is done right it will look brilliant!

Sunday afternoon is when I plan to have her all wired up and working with just a few final tweaks to do, providing the first run doesn't reveal any issues.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sounding good, I can't wait to see it for reals! And it turns out that I need something off Ceri, so I now have to fight Conker before going for Kaizer. Sorry
    Oh no, Jarvis. That wasn't request of loan. You can attack me with impunity.

That was the suggestion of your best chance to win 4 points.

Quote Originally Posted by psychostorm View Post
    Oh no, Jarvis. That wasn't request of loan. You can attack me with impunity.

That was the suggestion of your best chance to win 4 points.
    Meh, still going for Conker first XD

Meh, still going for Conker first XD
    Maybe you will reconsider after seeing this...

Register To Comment