Register To Comment
Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Eventorizon: Build Diary

Correct, the firm I work with for laser and watercutting has a 2.5D watercutter, meaning they can cut angled sides.

Main point, it's a straight cut.
    Main disadvantage, the machine is booked solid, so it's premium £££ to get stuf cut on it.

I have managed to get the Castle Link software working so I have uploaded Conker 3's data for you all to examine.

The different switch ons are as follows

1: Direction Test (Low voltage)
    2: Interrupted spin up (No spin up)
    3: Test Video
    4: Tech-Check
    5: Flow & Kaizer
    6: Massacre and Drumroll
    7: Galactus & Nightfury
    8: 720

I have just uploaded the interesting ones (IMO): Current, Temperature and RPM at the output.

The key points though are...

Maximum Current: 254.7A
    (The average given is useless because of all the stops and starts, unless it ignores those)

Conker 3 Post GSL 2014 Current Graph 01.jpg

Maxiumum Speed: 11'096 RPM (Oh yeah!)
    (It seems to happy sit up in the 10K range when its not hitting anything. You can see where the big hits happened where the RPM dives)

Conker 3 Post GSL 2014 RPM Graph 01.jpg

Maximum ESC Temp: 55.6 Degrees C
    (Not overly interesting but just surprising considering that it was sat next to 3 straining batteries in a metal box!

Conker 3 Post GSL 2014 Temperature Graph 01.jpg

Going to have some time on my hands for a while so I thought I would get one of our pneumatic machines up and running.

One part I got my hands on was a dud 1Kg Powder fire extinguisher like this one: http://www.safelincs.co.uk/shopimage...r-warranty.jpg

2013-06-03 15.22.00.jpg

I was planning to use it as a buffer tank on a LP system, 10 Bar Max. The dial on the extinguisher runs from 10Bar to 12Bar in the green and up to 16Bar where it goes red again. I reckon it will be safe to use as a buffer since I will be operating under its normal storage pressure of 12Bar and quite a way under the dangerous 16 bar limit but experienced minds many know better.

This will be powered by a 12Oz Paintball bottle and run to a small 40mm Bore, 75mm Stroke ram.

2013-05-26 20.59.40.jpg

No idea what shape the robot will be yet but since the axe bot is proving difficult to pack how I like I will try something a little easier first without the fiddly gear mechanism.
    Last edited by Eventorizon; 18th May 2014 at 09:08.

I'm assuming it's a feather by the size 9f the ram, in which case that fire extinguisher is going to be a bit too big, too heavy for use, it would weigh close to 3.5kg. For comparison Flow's bottle weighs just 600g empty and 1.2kg filled. I'd suggest to just use a paintball bottle and regulator setup, much simpler and lighter. If you don't want to get into fiddly gearing, I'd imagine it'll be a LP flipper?

Managed to find all the parts.

2014-05-18 09.57.52.jpg

I got the size wrong is a 1kg powder extinguisher and it weighs 250g as it stands with nothing attached.

I am not sure what kind of flow controller I have, but I do need to change the solenoid as it is 230V AC at the moment.

Also discovered I have 2 brand new and unused GR01's. Not a bad find.

One possible layout...

2014-05-18 10.04.23.jpg

Looking at it I think that's a double acting ram... is this the stuff from Hells Angel? And by the layout I'd say it's a flipper?

Yes its meant to be a flipper, keep forgetting to say that.

Yes, the ram is double acting but I will only be using it as single acting. No, none of this is from Hells Angel, that's all in the garage.

If you're running it single acting with bungee return you don't need that monster 5/2 valve. All you need is a LP 2/2 with high flowrate.

I figured. Got a link to something that will do the job?

I am also planning to widen the lower port for better flow in and then make a new insert for the base with a hole in it to act as the dump. Not very efficient but light weight.

With that type of ram ( both end caps are retained by circlips if I'm not mistaken) you could put a hole in the bottom endcap and fit a 1/2bsp QEV. Then you would not require high flow/large port solenoid valves to operate it. A small (1/8bsp) 5/2 valve will work fine.

Register To Comment