Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Musical Talents?

Play guitar and bass, also in a hardcore/pop-punk band called ascend the skies

Jazz Clarinet Grade 5, a bit of piano/keyboard...

I can get you a top student from Birmingham Musical Conservator if you like :-) He is amazing!

http://soundcloud.com/bweatherill

I play guitar a bit, but mostly rhythm. Not so good with all the lead stuff.

Drumming is more my fort anyway (hence naming my drum robot Drumroll)
    http://www.youtube.com/user/RogueTwoMusic/videos

Went to a music school when I was in high school then did my degree in Music Tech, then went to Toronto on a scholarship to the Harris Institute for the Arts and worked for U of T's radio station recording shows and mastering them to be played on the shows the next day. Also worked for an awesome venue called Hugh's Room which was like a classic food and music venue. Like a restaurant but theres a full show going on at the same time and after you've finished your meal you just sit and watch the band perform. Great place.

Was also a roadie for a number of groups while I was at Uni that started off as a lighting tech for Westlife and ended up with bands like RHCP, Rod Stewart, Van Morrison, Il Divo, Gwen Stefani, Bon Jovi etc. doing a variety of jobs. The most unusual probably being the guy who built George Michaels dressing rooms.

Now about to do my Masters degree then get a real job....maybe.

i play dums, violin, percussion, a little bass, and can do a death scremo

Quote Originally Posted by the16henry16
    i play dums
    *Que sarcastic clapping*

Im taking music for GCSE, mainly so i can learn more on the technical side of music as i already have a solid understanding of Guitar (mostly Rhythm), Bass and Piano/keyboard (although i do prefer keyboard, im a sucker for synths). I also used to Drum back in the day however i sort of gave that up (broke my arm, didn't drum for ages and then through time forgot most of what i had learnt, although i can still hold a basic 4/4 beat). Im pretty sure theres a video of me doing a drum cover for Smells like teen spirit somewhere on youtube, however since i took it off my main channel i have no idea where i re-uploaded it I was in a band called Day of the Penguin but after that ended i made a new band which is currently recording some demo's, both in my home studio (Logic FTW, also got a RODE studio microphone) and in my dad's studio up in London, so *hopefully* there will be a EP or something on itunes soonish.

Register To Comment