Register To Comment
Page 22 of 42 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Team MedBots

Gears are cut to have the right play when the holes are drilled perfectly concerning the pitch diameter.

But if you want to do the drilling of holes for gears artisan style, a mod 1 pair of gears can benefit from a piece of sigaret paper in between the gears.

Also, to make the calculation for you, I need to know the module.

Or you do as I, and open your smartphone, download the Dennis Martens Gear Spacing Calculator (not in the google play store, it's being spread by Email), and fill in the 3 numbers. Module, Gear 1 and Gear 2

On the relais. A closed relais can take +/-15 amps per 1mm² of contact surface. But it's breaking contact that makes the difference. The lighter the moving contact part is, the faster it can move, breaking the arc fast, but the instant an arc is formed, you're welding or spark eroding the surface.

It's how the 4QD's NCC 70's work with a 40 amp relais. The fet closes the power to the relais. The relais switches, and the mosfet pours in the power again. That means even a cheap relais can switch a far heavier load than what it could do on its own.

I can't find te gear spacing app, is it for android?
    The gears are MOD 1.5

Who needs app's when you have calculator

Pitch circle diameter = MOD * No of teeth

therefore

Spacing = MOD/2 (N1 + N2) where N1 and N2 are the number of teeth on each gear

Quote Originally Posted by Max
    I can't find te gear spacing app, is it for android?
    The gears are MOD 1.5
    (not in the google play store, it's being spread by Email), and fill in the 3 numbers. Module, Gear 1 and Gear 2

In short.
    33.75 mm centre/centre of the holes.

Could I uses a pair of these 1kg welding co2 bottles instead of a 2kg fire extinguisher in a heavyweight?
    http://www.toolsandpowertools.co.uk/...dioxide-1000g/
    I would replace the valves with some hydraulic ball valves.

Would a pair of these:
    http://www.technobotsonline.com/flan...ails-20mm.html
    To connect the wheels of my heavyweight to the 20mm output shaft of the gearbox?
    The wheels are 8" diameter.
    Also still want to know about if I can use welding bottles instead of a fire extinguisher.

Good news, I finally got my fw flipper working! I had to connect it to a fire extinguisher as my co2 bottle is empty. It worked really well and chucked a brick pretty high even on only 5 bar. Also the hinge or the lid didn't bend this time!
    Hopefully I will get it all fully sorted before Guildford as that is the weekend after my GCSEs

Hi,
    Does anyone know the rough overall size and weight of the burkert 5404 valves?
    Thanks,
    Max

Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    Could I uses a pair of these 1kg welding co2 bottles instead of a 2kg fire extinguisher in a heavyweight?
    http://www.toolsandpowertools.co.uk/...dioxide-1000g/
    I would replace the valves with some hydraulic ball valves.
    No. 2 reasons.
    Ball valves don't have burst disks.
    Main bottles need to be commercialy available.

Register To Comment