Register To Comment
Page 32 of 42 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Team MedBots

Nice work Max .
    2 thoughts: 1: Arm can be shorter to the body, probably save you 200g in box section, and 2: does it have any bungee?

Thanks Dave, it does have bungee but I don't think it is tight enough as it doesn't pull the arm all the way down, the ram is also very stiff towards the end which is a pain as it means the bungee needs to be mega-tight

Heavyweight has been slowly coming together:

I've made an aluminium angle frame and a 5mm steel base. I'm hoping to get 4 mm steel armour cut out- it should give a lot more strength to the frame.
    Still on the search for 8-10" wheels so if anyone's got some please let me know.

Ive got a spare set of kart hubs that can fit tyers I have? Also got the tubes and both the tyers and tubes are unused, the hubs are scratched but fine if you are interested? once inflated are 10 inch, same as on Bulldog Breed

Sounds good, how do they attach to the shafts coming out my gearbox? Also how much do you want for them? Cheers.

You will have to weld a plate onto the shaft and they will bolt on, message me with an offer

Ali angle frame? I would suggest a rethink Max. Thor would bend the hell out of that.

I was concerned about that after watching the heavyweights at Maidstone!
    But I felt I was better having an Ali frame supported by thick armour rather than a steel frame with thin armour. I will weld the steel armour together which should be the main structure with the frame just really being a guide.
    And if it gets bent then it gets bent and I'll just re-build the robot- after all that's half the fun! I just want to get this version done so I can test it before going for a re-design as otherwise I would never get anywhere!

Hi,
    Does anyone know what thread the output shaft is on a dewalt drill motor, I've seen pictures of some with a funny non-threaded shaft but mine seem to be like a normal drill motor but with a different thread.
    It seems to be about 12mm but I can't find my vernier or thread guage
    Thanks.

Its probably 1/2" UNF

Register To Comment