Register To Comment
Page 20 of 42 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Team MedBots

Thanks mario,
    Is it really necessary to take off the fan or weld on the end cap?
    Also I think I read you can use a piece of dowel instead of glueing in the magnets, is that correct?

Wow there is so much space in there for more copper!

Welding the cap ain't needed if you support the can itself. But I would do it whatsoever. That's because welding is plain fun for me.
    Removing the fan ain't needed either. But it removes a point of failure.

Glueing the magnets. If you use the merlon trick, it's less needed, but still recommended. Just using dowels won't save the motor from magnets that shake lose the nook on the springs and start rotating in the can.

And yes Gary, creative minds have added copper to Bosches. King Buxton and Tornado spring to mind.

What is the extra copper for?

More turns, more resistance, less current draw but same torque and speed at same voltage. Allows more over volty goodness due to less current draw.

Or if you somehow couldn't over volt but your batteries and speedo can take the extra current you could use parallel strands of wire. Same number of turns, lower resistance, more current draw, more torque same speed at same voltage.

Or parallel wind the turns, less resistance, more amp draw, more torque at the same voltage.

Oh I get it- I didn't realise you meant put in extra coils , I thought you meant put in a huge chunk of copper between the commutator and the windings for some magnetic induction reason!

I was going on marios thinking

Hi,
    I am making progress with my idea of making my own speed controller.
    I decided I would try to make a miniature speed controller with my arduino and the electronics I had lieu my around-

I used an H-bridge microchip an then just lots of wires!
    It controlled the speed of one small motor and a servo and has the ability to run one more motor.
    My plan is to use one of the microchips from an arduino then make my own circuit board to wire it all up, then I will use a lot of mosfets or some solid state relays. I want it keep it as simple as possible to make it reliable and rugged.

Cool! Are you using the Arduino to just convert the output from the Rx to PWM for the chip? Just wondering if there are smaller cheaper options.

Register To Comment