Register To Comment
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Running Beetle weights

Quote Originally Posted by Pugster2002
    When your nine and autistic smiley faces are a way of expressing yourself,but I ll ask him to reduce them!
    I really enjoy reading Pugsters posts and find the enthusiasm and excitement fantastic. Luke is high functioning autistic too so I do understand (as do most people here) that he'll often get very engrosed or excited about something and do stuff to express that. You'll find that at events and face to face people are great and very understanding. We've had a few incidents where people really should have got upset but haven't because he's misunderstood what's going on. Luke was obsessed by Dantomkia and used to badger John Bell at every event. He settled down eventaully though. It's also taken a lot of time for him to uderstand some of the banter and the idea of 'showmanship' etc.

Don't feel that autism is an issue. From experience it's a really inclusive environment and if you take some time to settle down and get into things you'll really enjoy it. Just make sure you're generally on top of things and no-one will worry too much about any minor indescretions. People will tell you if there's a problem and you need to do something. One thing it took me a long time to learn is that you don't need to fight or explain for anyone to be included properly.

Online it's slightly different as people are a bit more outspoken than in real life and you actually can't tell if they're shouting at you or being friendly. This is why sometimes things get out of hand on forums. Let's go for a very simple set of rules here:

1) Smileys are to say if you're happy, sad, joking, laughing or saying something you know will get you into trouble. An example:

Horizontal spinners are rubbish.! Drum spinners FTW!!

I know that some of the best spinners are horizontal and it's banter to wind them up so i put the 'uh-oh' smiley in because I know that next time in the arena they''ll be looking to prove me wrong.

2) If you have more than five or six smileys in a post it's too much.

3) If it gets too much people will say something (politely!!). It's not to upset anyone or tell anyone off, just to remind them of the rules, so no need to get upset about it and no need for everyone else to pile in.

Hope that helps.

Andy

And we all live happy ever after
    The end

Remember to check that all bolts are tight and there after being powered on a year or so...

ooops!

Register To Comment