Register To Comment
Page 55 of 56 FirstFirst ... 54553545556 LastLast

Thread: 2012 FRA UK Featherweight Championships by RoboChallenge

Kane will have that info saved on his laptop. I think I was 21st last time I looked

Quote Originally Posted by mr_turbulence
    Lol good suggestion Jamie (ceri-Weston- take note)

Dave/Tom, you uploaded the duckbill fights or flows best hits?
    ... 6HGlN9XDo=

Have there ever been extended awards for the champs?

You know like, Best New Comer, Best Engineered Robot, most Innovative Design, Worst Design etc....

Yes I will be creating the voting system soon and we may put on a little social event to give out some awards.

Hi Guys

Well the UK Championships will certainly go down in history as an event be remembered, now its time for the FRA 2012 Featherweight Awards!

Robo Challenge will be hosting an open day which will be announced soon. As well as being the ceremony for our 2012 awards the open day will be open to everyone and is designed to get people inspired, learning and ready to build! We plan to invite guests to run mini seminars on everything from learning about low and high pressure pneumatics & how to build reliable spinners to tech check training and how to build an inspiring robot. Its going to be a fantastic day and we hope as many of you as possible will be able to make it. We also plan to have a few facilities available so people can bring their robots to test and get some help with any problems. More details will be coming shortly in the live events section.

Please find below the link to the 2012 FRA Awards. The nominees for each category are now available and have been compiled by the FRA and Robo Challenge for you to vote on. Voters must be a member of the FRA and each person gets one vote. Any multiple entries will be deleted. Good luck to all the robots that have been nominated and we do hope to see you at the Robo Challenge Open day.

2012 Featherweight Awards

Votes sent. Of course, we won't be able to make it to the open day, so somebody please record everything!

Finally got all my videos uploaded, only took almost a month! Chucked them in a playlist here:
    http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0BEC8517FCFA1B52

And for those of you who don't have two hours spare to watch them all, here's the abridged version. The music's a bit quiet at the start so you may want to turn your speakers up slightly:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xh9sdCY-Gtc

Great videos Jamie Annihilator round 4 (Inertia, Little Flipper 3 and Satanix) seems to be missing.

Yeah, I think that was one of the times throughout the weekend where I was chatting to folk in the pits without realising that the fights had resumed. Jarvis amazingly managed to film every battle though (I think) so there is footage of it kicking about online. My videos are more like an alternative camera angle :wink:

Very nicely made, and good use of In The House at least I think that's what it's called.

Register To Comment