Register To Comment
Page 51 of 56 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 FRA UK Featherweight Championships by RoboChallenge

Many thanks to Grant, James and all the Robo-Challenge crew for putting on this incredible event. The planning and professionism was the highest and showed in the quality of the whole stand and smoothness of the shows. This years champs had the best competition atmosphere of any event I've ever been to.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words on NST, I still can't believe it managed it when I think back to the thursday night before the qualifiers where I had to rebuild it back to the old spec system when I couldn't get the new system working properly.

Having all the main design of machines in the finals shows how well balanced success is in the designs. The top 4 machines were all worthy winners congrats to all:

Explosion - Really impressive throughout the tournement, always a strong competitor put on the best final I've seen in a competition.

Little Hitter - Great machine,always croud pleasing and competitive even years after being built and was very well driven by Grant.

Cobalt - I was especially impressed with Cobalt, building a hydraulic machine in a feather is no easy task and for a new robot, it performed outstanding, even the drive was the best I saw all weekend!

Congrats to Dave for wininng the annihilator, It took on alot of tough robots to get there and came out in good condition and a winner.

As well as the established teams, it was good to see some new teams this years, with some cool new robots, hope to see you guys next year with new and improved machines.

I've got a few vids which i've started uploading, will post some links here soon.

Sam

I wish I could say all this at the same time as its all equally important but we are only human...

To James, Grant and every one else at Robo-Challenge, thank you so much for an amazing event and brilliant commentary The time and effort you put in really showed to make what already is a life time memory.

Congratulations to Sam and NST on; after many years of hard work, taking the UK Crown. A superb machine and a superb driver. It was a privilege to fight you sam and so much fun! I really don't care I left the arena in 7 pieces; it was worth it!

Thanks to David for lending me his tools after I burnt out my weapon motors, and helping me get Conker back into action for the white boards!

Congratulations to Ellis and Tormenta for a brilliant first machine, I wish mine was that well built, and for all the hard work you did to get Tormenta back in one piece after your fight with Inertia XL and NST.

Thank you to all the people who rushed to get Conker through the tech check, I was so worried that I was going to fall before I had even made it into the arena! New receiver required I think...

Conker will definitely be back next year stronger and more dangerous (But without a Nylon 66 base and with a disc that doesn't cause it to buck like a stallion; well disc positioning to be accurate but hey...)

I hope that everyone has a smooth transition back to reality and that you all have a brilliant year until we meet again

Alex

Edit: Does anyone a copy of the league table that lists the final positions of all the robots after the qualifiers?

Quote Originally Posted by sam_smith
    Would be interested to see NST's battle with conker and the one with 540 if anyone has them.
    I'm still sorting through mine, but Jarvis (Metal Beak) has filmed an absolute tonne of fights and got them uploaded already:

NST v Conker v Satanix

What an event! Just finished the break down and pack away. Thank you to everyone who supported this event, we really do appreciate it. I think this years UK Championships has surpassed previous years and gave us a final which was more spectacular than any final in Robot Combat history!

The event ran really well thanks to everyone's cooperation. All the teams worked hard to get their machines working reliably for each round so well done, the robots have taken another large step forward this year. some fantastic battles and brilliant new machines.

Congratulations to Sam Smith with NST, the new UK Champion! A fantastic machine and beautifully made! Unfortunately for its opponents it worked perfectly in every one of its battles and put on a stunning show. Very well deserved! Well done to explosion, a very nice machine and can stand up to some serious impacts! Grant drove LH2 really well and thoroughly deserved to be on the podium, well done! Congratulations to David Weston with Satanix for a great drive and winning the Annihilator Comp!

Special mentions must go to Cobalt, a fantastic machine along with Flow! Very impressive machines! Galactus was also an incredible robot especially when you consider it has never been in full combat before, thank you very much for coming to the UK to compete at Robo Challenge, It's very much appreciated. Final thank you to the Big Nipper team for pushing the boundaries of what can be done and exploring innovative new solutions that have never been done before.

Personally I was really pleased to show Venom is still competitive and much more than just a demo bot. It was a real shame to be knocked out of the competition in the way it was (opponent hadn't shown mobility for almost a minute) frustrating but judges decision is final. Thank you very much to Tom Armitage for the Lipos, really transformed the machine.

Once again thank you very much to everyone who entered our event. If there is any one thing to take away it's that diversity is brilliant and you don't need a particular type of weapon to succeed! The top 10 contained a push bot, an axe, spinners, flippers and crushers. The top 4 robots couldn't have been any more different!

To Echo Jame's reply - Thank you to everyone who attended over the 3 days for the UK Championships!

This year showed some excellent new robot's and design's such as Cobalt, Flow and LF4 - nice to see that some great new robots are being developed. And to think flow was only on 16-20Bar!

It's difficult to know how well the event has gone for roboteers when your running around tying to organise thing's, but I really hope that it's been another great champs to remember. I'm sure Sam won't forget it anytime soon! A huge well done dude, after wednesday night at our factory burning out some brushless motor's and deciding it needed to be stripped down after all the weeks of work you put into the new system was gutting, and I didnt hold much hope for reliability of the chain drive and motor. The new mods to the base plate for the bar must have made a big improvement to the reliability!

A huge thanks goes to the Big Nipper guy's - they let me borrow LH2 for the week before in yeovil, and then let me take it into full combat to get broken by NST in the later rounds! These guy's are a such good sports and we really appreciate your efforts each year - Thanks.

Tormenta team, you have done an awesome job on your first machine! the effort you guys have gone to come here for 2 events in a row is really impressive, I hope you've learnt alot from your first experience of full combat and look forward to seeing you next year! Sorry for breaking your robot with Satans Mutt in your first ever fight

First, thank you all for your hospitality!

Congratulations to the organization, was a magnificent event, I Enjoyed entire course,
    next year I'll be there again with a Galactus 2.0

Congratulations sam, for the first place and everyone who was on the podium.

I was impressed with the quality of the robots, even with my difficulty in speaking English, managed to speak with many people and share a lot of experience!

Thanks to all who fought against me, every blow received will serve as a foothold for the next version,

During the event I lost my charger (Imax B6) if someone took by mistake during storage, please let me know by PM or talk with James.

I loved meet all and Congratulations to ALL!

Guilherme Ferreira

Register To Comment