Register To Comment
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: SMIDSY

nope, just got to learn on diagonal drive

*cough* I will when I'm no longer poor lol

Got the rear plate cut and mounted, front beef up drilled cut and mounted and fixed the powerlight in

smidsy looks a bit rough, need more time to make it look all shiny again but its near enough done, should survive whitwick

still got too make the top beef up, cut the link flap and mount the side pods, but thats not masses of work

And thats it, S.M.I.D.S.Y is all ready for whitwick at a final weight of 93kg, little on the light side but not too bad, just hope it passes checks first time

Back from whitwick and started to strip smidsy back down

Good weekend after I got a few little problems out, my interface wire popped out and that caused me too loose drive on one side in my first fight

Second was really good as I was using smidsy's classic pushing power... till I drove down the pit

Third I cant really remember what happened and the final fight was insane, I wasnt first out, that was toon raider and I got flipped out on top of him

Stripped the gears in my front left wheel though, thankfully almost got all the stuff spare, just need a new axle/spindle for it, should be a standard part though

My time with smidsy came to an end yesterday, now sat in the back of gary's (typhoon driver) car somewere down south

As sad as it was, I parted ways to try and further myself in robots a little, hope gary will get as much joy out of it as I did, bit of wheeling and dealing aint a bad thing

though its not all bad, Ive still got the disk and motor

will mount it all up wityh my spare batteries and 4qd's just for a laugh

Too much?

Jesus gary! Thats brilliant, nice to see it finally getting some love again

The issue with going to the eteks would be that I would have to drop the motorcycle gear boxes as I don't believe they could take the stress and I would have to go for slightly bigger wheels. I need to balance making new changes with keeping it original.

Register To Comment