Register To Comment
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Speed controller

Going to be running two 14.4v motors at 18v, suggestions and links for a speed controller please

If you do that with Speed 900's, you're looking at a Sidewinder or Wotty (heavyweight speedo's.)

But if it's batterydrill stuff, I suggest looking into electronise , or if budget is less a concern (doubtfull) our favorite, the Scorpion XXL.

Thats a good controller, but will probably have to import it unless someone has one going spare.

http://www.robotpower.com/products/scor ... _info.html

Theres also Electronize:

http://www.electronize.co.uk/model_elec ... frames.htm

and Sabertooth:

http://dimensionengineering.com/Sabertooth2X25.htm

There are other cheaper options that you will probably just want to disregard such as Marine escs, but those 3 are probably your most common and best bet. Also things like the sidewinder but that would be waaay overkill for 2 drills at 18v and I believe they're on special order only now. Personally prefer the Scorpion XL, really light and small and reacts more quickly to stick movement than the electronize, but they are good controllers too.

Popular models are:
    -sabertooth either 15 or 30A from dimension engineering (in America). Each one controls 2 motors. People say you shouldn't push them to their limits or they overheat and can be fradgile
    -electronize either 15 or 30A I think, they are cheaper and more robust but you need 2 and they are quite large. They don't give very precise control.
    -some people (razordave I think) use victors to control more powerful motors like speed 900s
    - I have also heard of sidewinders which I know nitging about but I think there are some in the for sale section.

Edit: other people type faster!

The Sabretooth one looks good, thanks for the link. The bit will be called Sabretooth so I reckon it should follow that I use that controller

Bit = Bot

Max.
    If there would be a Sidewinder in the sale section, I would buy it. Team RCC has a need for them.

Sidewinders do between 18 and 36V 80A , Dual channel with precise control in a small package. Unfortunatly, even if they were affordable compared to the other options, currently, those are on special order, with a hefty $499 pricetag.

Razordave uses Victors in combination with Speed 900 based MSR 12-72 drives. Works fine now.

No experience with Sabretooths. We went for Robotpower for Team RCC ,and never regretted it. Sidewinder for the high power feathers and heavies, Ilyama XXL for the normal power feathers.

I don't know if IBC still sells stuff. The Aussies used those a lot.

viewtopic.php?f=166&t=4682&start=6
    To me it looks like a big picture of a golden speed controller with sidewinder written on the front

Sorry that I can't look in 4 topics and 3 websites at the same time.

Register To Comment