Register To Comment
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: scruffy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi to all.

New featherweight build ..... 1 of 3 i intend to do

4x 12v drill motors (argos and homebase)
    20mm hdpe and rg1000
    at the moment 4 homemade wheels

i'm intending to have a large scoop on the front powered by an actuator so it can self right and turn thing over

I would keep it and get it running again to use at non competition events. Perhaps tweak it so that you can have a battery that you won't have to charge all day so that you don't have to worry about bringing extra kit. Its nice to have a simple machine that you can just drive.
    Stupidly neither of our machines are like that so the 3rd robot design we're going to do will be a non-spinner.

well it still drive ok and the lifter works it was just the fuse connection and the link that gave me problems, but i was thinking of re designing how the lifter moves so it can self rite with out the tail and spikes and i suppose if i give it a bit less ground clearance at the back it might give it a better chance but im still intending to do scruffy 2 as i think ive spotted most of the flaws in the original but the shape will remain similar and i will keep they eyes and spikes (its main character)

ok scruffy 2 has now been started, it will be wider with a lower profile, but i'm still keeping the design of the head/lifter with the eyes and spikes and i'm also keeping it a similar shape

the lifter will be different at the front as the previous one was just a piece of 5mm mild steel which bent to easily and it wont require the tail and spikes at the back to self right
    Attached Images Attached Images

removed scruffys lifter and stuck it on top of scruffy 2 to see what it might look like, there will be more spikes on top of the new one and the front of the lifter will be more of a structure than the flat piece of steel at the mo

also looking at going for ti for the top panels

very hot today but i manage to do a bit more to scruffy, i think its starting to look like mr happy

and i've ordered the gimson actuator so it will be allot faster than scruffy 1s

This is looking realy realy good!
    Did you decide whether or not to use Makitas?
    I would highly recomend them

ive got some makitas but they are going in a grabber im building for now i will stick with the ryobi 1s i used in scruffy and night fury, they gave me no problems and lots of speed/power

which makita drill did you go for ?, i got 4 of the 6281d so estimated to speed of about 15mph in high gear

also the chassis has been a pain to make with all the angle and trying to keep the weight down is difficult but it will look like a more evil version of the original scruffy, more spikes etc...

Register To Comment