Register To Comment
Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Gimson Robotics

Quote Originally Posted by shakesc
    Good points. Should of read the spec properly

Really looking to an alternative to a Dewalt powerdrive kit. These do 45 Nm at 450 RPM which geared down should be good for a lifter
    This is higher than the GR02 (my latest feather has 4 GR01 so all for using them ) but apart from building a custom gearbox there don't appear to be too many alternatives. Most Dewalt's on ebay look on their last legs
    Ours (14.4v AEG) looked on its last legs. It was battered and filthy, long-dead battery, sitting in the sun for ages, and we only opened it up out of interest. Biggest cordless drill I have seen to date, all others that we have found have smaller motors. Don't know how it compares to the powerdrives in torque terms, but it has buckets of it anyway!

/on topic

The GR02s are looking really good. We may well buy in the future.

Thank you to all those who have bought motors so far, there's another batch of the GR02's about be dispatched today. I've just finished doing some re-touching on the product images as some of them were a bit too bright/washed out before.

For those of you wondering the GR12 could well be used for some form of weapon drive, especially if you were to replace the relatively low power 555 size motor with an HRS550. You would probably want to put an additional reduction stage after it but the main advantage of the gearbox is large carrier pins some 4mm in diameter and planet gears >8mm wide, able to handle much greater torques than most similarly sized gearboxes. These were originally sourced for a customer requiring winch-motors for cameras on a fish farm but seemed useful enough to put on general sale as well.

I've had a few questions by email about availability of wheels for the GR02's, it is likely that a new source for these in various sizes will be added in the next two weeks, I will keep you all updated.

What's your biggest planned size?

Unknown, to be determined soon.

The external bearing mounts have now been completed:

Proper pictures will be taken and the item put online by Monday/Tuesday. As previously mentioned all past GR02 customers will be sent discount links in due course!

Deans connectors are back in stock, also 550 sized 9.6V motors are now only £4.50 each, only 11 left to clear.

The external bearing kits are now up:

I will be sending discount links to previous GR02 customers later today

The block has overall dimensions of 40mm by 32mm and is 8mm thick. Each is included with two mounting screws,
    either two M3 x 8mm screws
    (perfect for use with the GR02)
    or two M5 x 20mm screws
    (option selectable below). The screw socket size is 4mm. The centre-to-centre distance between the two mounting holes is 32mm.

shouldnt that read either two M5X8mm screws

look good Ewan, though id make those shafts shorter with the thread closer to the bearing....

Register To Comment