Register To Comment
Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Gimson Robotics

We've had a new set of mounting brackets made up for our actuators, CNC milled from 6061 Aluminium:

Supply of new GR01's has now been halted until mid June. Get in touch if you're in need of any spares/product advice.

The GR01 motor is now back in stock and reverting to the original price of £23.90/each. Every motor now also comes with a free bearing cover.

The GR01's have been re-priced to better reflect the differing availability of the 9.6V and 14.4V motors, the 9.6V model starts at £22.90 and the 14.4V at £24.90

We will soon be adding a 12V actuator rated for 4000N (407kg) to the collection, which some of you here may find useful- more information will be added shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by Danjr1
    has anyone attempted to run the 14.4v versions on a 6s lipo?
    Gave it a quick run today. Its fast, very fast but the motors got very warm after only 5 mins light driving and that was with the covers off outside on a cool day.

I will add that 1 of the gearboxes is stiff (probably damaged by NST) so take that into account but under battle conditions (given these results) it would be risky to go 6S.

do you recon cooling mounts could be made for them (with a fan in?)
    any video.of the test drive Alex?

Yeah, that's not really surprising. As I've mentioned before to get away with running the 14.4V motors at 22.2V you'd need to heatsink the motors and/or set travel limits on the transmitter so that the motors don't actually receive the full voltage from the speed controller(s).

Heatsinks are widely available for 550 sized motors, e.g: http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from= ... Categories
    The fans that come with some of these heatsinks are quite small and potentially fragile though, and it may be better to design fans into the robot chassis if using them.

No video, sorry. I can do it again if you like and video it though Ewan is right. Build fans into the chassis and fit some heat sinks that way you know you are giving the motors the best chance possible.

Ewan, are there any 18 or 24 V motors that have the same mounting points as the 14.4's you currently use?

18V 550 sized motors do exist but they are pretty hard to find (only in a handful of 18V cordless drills, most will be 700 sized motors), I've not been able to find any drill or motor manufacturer who can supply them directly at the sub-100pcs quantities I'd need them in.

The website has been updated with a larger model of actuator capable of 400kg at 12V:

Register To Comment