Register To Comment
Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Gimson Robotics

Mwahahahaha! :twisted:

On the GR-01's, there is a red dot on the back of the motor. Does that indicate the way to wire it up to get clockwise rotation from the motor. Or is there another way to tell without wiring it up?

In the time it took you to write that could you not have just put a battery on it? :S

Don't forget the gearbox may reverse it and that clockwise is different depending on which way you look at the motor, a mistake I made once, do'h!

Didn't have a battery available but I have one now :-) I was just trying to save myself from having to repair my NiMh pack but I have fixed it now so I can test all I like :-D

hi, does anyone know the total length of a gr01 with a robochallenge blue wheel attached? i'm sure it's been asked before but the search function isn't bringing up any results and after a flick through most of this topic I haven't seen it.

@ Ewan or anyone that knows

The dimensions on the webpage for the GR01 show the shaft to be 35mm long but in the picture that measurement doesnt fit the propotions as the nylon block next to it 26mm, looks about the same size

any help?

might just be me being thick lol

cheers

Ah, the diagram is a bit unintentionally misleading there, the shaft length is specified in the 'build detail' table as
    'Shaft type: 15mm x 12mm diameter steel then 14mm long 3/8 UNF external thread with 5mm left-handed internal thread.'
    The overall dimension also includes the connection tabs on the rear of the motor hence the discrepancy, I will adjust it now.

How far long a blue wheel will sit on the shaft depends on the depth of the nut pressed into the wheel- I've had some blue wheels with a side lathed flush to the centre before the nut is pressed and some with nuts pressed straight in so the wheel over-hangs a shaft by at least 10mm more. I don't know if Robochallenge has standardised how they make them now so couldn't say 'this wheel will be positioned here' etc.

Also apologies on not getting back to you earlier Alex, I've just got back from holiday!

There's lots more in the pipeline, 18V GR01's will be released in under two weeks, bit of a website refresh coming and then more still, it's going to keep me busy!

Thanks Ewan

sorry to keep bringing this point up but the measurements on this linac again are confusing

http://www.gimsonrobotics.co.uk/GLA750_ ... uator.html

maybe the 99mm motor measurement is off?

Register To Comment