Register To Comment
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Team Shock's Robots

Finally got round to putting Inertia XL back together for this years UK Champs.

First job was to weld the front scoop back together as LS4 broke it last year.

Then it was time for some new mounts for the speed 900's as they shattered in the same fight so I made some new steel ones to replace them- also got some nice new blue belts for it

Weight should not be too much of an issue since the Ni-Mh batteries have been replaced with A123's which has also allowed for the disc ratio to be changed (if the new pulleys turn up in time)

Apart from that not a lot has changed from last year- added a better locking bar and thats about it.

Aftershock 4 is also coming along nicely- just one more panel to cut and then wire it up and its good to go.

Lambda needs a lot more doing to it as it has only just been started- the spinner and drive are mounted but nothing else is- the rest isn't too complicated so I reckon another couple of days and it will be running.

Got Lambda spinning- only at 14.4v at the moment but seems to work

Didn't you start building a drive all day lifter? Or am I getting confused.....

Yes, the lifter is Aftershock 4- bottom right in the above pic

Oooooohh, I understand now.....

Lol is that mr happys old chassis? I built that like 6 years ago :P

Nope- all new robot but looks very similar building it for one of my mates to enter into the UK champs after that it will be used as a run all day/ demo bot for uni and other events

Some more progress on Lambda

It looks like a cute little bunny rabbit
    With a spinning bar of death lodged in the middle of its skull :twisted:

Register To Comment