Register To Comment
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Shock's Robots

Looks great Will. Out of interest, that power distribution board you've got on top of the Sidewinder, where did you get it from? And is it ring terminals being used?
    I've seen something similar on Technobots but those ones all use spade connectors, which I prefer to avoid.

Thanks guys,

The LED is a cluster that Dad put together using several ultra bright LEDs from ebay.

Jamie, Just asked Dad and he thinks he got the board from Rapid, using ring terminals as they seem to be a more reliable way of holding several wires together without soldering than normal terminal blocks- had one in Heatwave for almost 3 years with no trouble.

Nearly finished now- need to pick up a tiny pneumatic fitting in the morning and make some proper mounts for the bottle, batteries and sidewinder and it's good to go.

Just found them: http://www.rapidonline.com/Cables-Conne ... -Terminals

Unfortunately the same model as the one Will has is currently only available as a 12-way unit - a bit excessive for most featherweights!
    They should be an improvement on my homemade bolts as they're at least better insulated. Cheers Will

EDIT: Packs of five 4-way ones on eBay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Barrier-Termi ... 601wt_1037

They are the same ones- thanks for the link Jamie- might have to stock up on a couple more sets

It says they're rated for 10A, but that'll probably be at 240V AC (most of these things usually are).
    I've had no problem using ring connectors on ordinary 4mm bolts, but I reckon these'll be up to the job (certainly handling 10A or more in Shockwave). For the price it's worth a punt at least.

Ive got some in the mechanoid, Vantec also use them on the front of their big controllers and they take hundreds of amps. Only thing to note is you should cover them, as a bolt dropping across them will create a dead short.

Register To Comment