Register To Comment
Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Featherweights - Active weapon rule

I think that the whole argument about bringing spinners back for normal events has gone too far now- I don't think that spinners should be allowed in competitions at RL or RR events as people will not want to get their robots smashed up at every event and the arenas cannot take full combat with spinners getting thrown OOTA etc.

I think that spinners nowdays should have their own exhibition style class where damage is controlled- still enough damage to please the audiences but safe enough for the arenas to contain it safely. By having a couple of robots designed to break apart we can make the shows more exciting.

If you want full combat then build a featherweight spinner and go to the robochallenge events where you can use it properly- thats what I did!

my point is whatever people's reason for competing most won't want to have to spend large quantities of money to repair there robot after an event

instead of banning boxes i think we should concentrate more on helping new builders make bots with active weapons. ie get the wiki up and running, get some good guides on there (like australian robot wiki), bring out lifter kits etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by Danjr1
    In my mind, the only fair way to ban boxes would be to ban any new boxes/competitors. It would keep current competitors happy as they can naturally progress onto more complex machines if and when they feel ready and basically ban any further boxes from entering. But again, I think the rule is wrong.
    I must say that while I like your thinking process, THAT would be discriminating and not the only fair way.

What you are saying is we can use other types of bots than you because we have been around longer, which is totally unfair in a tournament.

lower limit for boxes might work, i see no point in lowering the limit of flippers aswell

flippers need the extra weight due to the complexity and weight of the parts

Register To Comment