Register To Comment

Thread: Team Kaizen Build Diary

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Team Kaizen

Thanks for the advice Colin. With the gear ratios on Jibril going to 15.75:1, I suspect that'll help a lot anyway but the spring idea isn't a bad idea, I think the season 2 version of Bumblebot used something like that?

Azriel
    It is as finished as it is ever going to be for RL Grantham! Had a small hiccup with the axe ESC but it turned out to be a dodgy terminal connection. Anyway, a picture of Azriel 0.9! (Apologies for the black background, it was photographed on a black carpet and it would have looked weird with a white background.)

azriel_0.9.jpg

Armour: 15mm HDPE, 6mm polycarbonate
    Power: 4S LiFe batteries
    Drive: 2x 13.7:1 Gimson motors
    Weapon: Axe powered by a CIM motor going through a 3:1 gear ratio
    Weight: 11.1kg

There are elements I want to work on, like the exposed wheels and the axe gearing as discussed above (and of course, it is not painted in a suitably bright colour) but it'll run for Grantham in this configuration. There was a discussion on the MW Discord channel about wherever we'd run FW minibots with the MWs at the event, not sure if that is going ahead. I wonder if I'd be OK running this with Jibril... maybe. But heck, for a robot that cost me about ~£50 in new parts and a lot of recycling, I'll take it.

I found a 3S LiFe battery so if I can get it charged, I'll put that in Azriel for 5S in series for the extra oomph.

Now I need to work on Jibril.
    Last edited by Ocracoke; 19th June 2019 at 13:31.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

McMullet
    Looking great! Well done on using most of the mass budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocracoke View Post
    I found a 3S LiFe battery so if I can get it charged, I'll put that in Azriel for 5S in series for the extra oomph.
    I may be missing something there, but what's that going with to make 5s? Presumably not the 4s, because that would make 7s?

Register To Comment