Thank you for your replies, I’m still awaiting the spec of the motor ie the torque etc, however I’m pleased to say that testing on my setup seems to work as expected compared to my Argos ones.

To answer your questions,
I’m getting these direct from the manufacturer in China, and to make it cost effective with the shipping, I’m looking at getting a good amount so we will have a reliable source of these. The shape of the gearbox wouldn’t be changing unless the manufacturer discontinued the design, however I will have had enough to cover for a long period.

I will be getting some mounts made for it, and as normal I can also machine body panels that include the mounting shape in should that be of interest.

I’m awaiting to get a price for 18v motors that suit this gearbox, this will be an option available for purchase, also getting the data sheet for that motor too.

I need to mention that it will be at least 4 weeks before I get them once I have committed. I’m just waiting for the info on the 18v motor prior.

The motor is screwed into the faceplate, and then the faceplate screws into the gearbox. Although, I would look to not rely on it inside a competitive robot as it may break/pull out.

More news to come soon