Register To Comment
Page 8 of 46 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Coolspeedbot: first feather weight robot

Something like this Alex?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    2mm hardox won't hold up against spinners for long at all on a featherweight, 4mm gets bent fairly often, but 5mm would probably get bent the same way so id say a 4mm hardox wedge with a spare or two is the best way to go.
    I see, well there is no harm in having spares.

some good feedback here thanks guys.

melted the nuts into the spare wheels and also sanded down the wheel ready for the tire tread.

I followed this guide by Ellis but without a pillar drill:

I used a old drill motor shaft fitted into a drill chuck and pressed the heated nut in.

I got my nuts here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1811604491...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

They are 3/8 unf hex nuts.

yes I'm watching a lets play as I work.

Popped over to my local Halfords and got a bike tyre for tread to add to the wheels.

Considering you made them without a pillar drill, how much wobble do the wheels have? I was tempted to do this myself, but wasn't sure how well it'd turn out.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamPsyclone View Post
    Considering you made them without a pillar drill, how much wobble do the wheels have? I was tempted to do this myself, but wasn't sure how well it'd turn out.
    There really isn't any, the drill shaft I use to hold the nut when I heat it and press it in has a section I can use to align against the bore to keep it straight as it cools.

Register To Comment