Since having a taste of roboteering at Newark (thanks Joe!) Ive been thinking about building a feather, but I dont know if its possible or not, given my situation. So I have the following basic questions:

1. Knowledge - do you have to be an expert in mechanical/electrical engineering etc. to build one or can it be done through scouring the web, asking questions at live events etc. (I suspect this is true, but just making sure)

2. Tools - do you need a workshop or can it be done in the garage with household tools? (this is my biggest concern)

3. Money - on average, how much does it cost to build and run a feather? (it would be a 4WD armoured pusher if I did build one, as thats my favourite type of robot and its easier to build than one with an active weapon)

Thanks for any replies. I can certainly see the benefits of building one and fighting in the events (I enjoyed every bit of that weekend and I can see myself having a really good time with a robot of my own), but I dont know if its beyond me or not. Ill be at Bristol this weekend, so Ill probably ask some questions there as well if I can find one of the teams (as there arent many with feathers).