Register To Comment
Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: scruffy

This is looking realy realy good!
    Did you decide whether or not to use Makitas?
    I would highly recomend them

ive got some makitas but they are going in a grabber im building for now i will stick with the ryobi 1s i used in scruffy and night fury, they gave me no problems and lots of speed/power

which makita drill did you go for ?, i got 4 of the 6281d so estimated to speed of about 15mph in high gear

also the chassis has been a pain to make with all the angle and trying to keep the weight down is difficult but it will look like a more evil version of the original scruffy, more spikes etc...

I'm not sure, will have to check on the outer case of the drill, but its out side in the garage at the mo.
    I'll find out for you tommorow

Looking really good. Scruffy took some serious abuse and seemed very reliable. I agree with Harry, I think this is going to be a solid competitor.

Here you go: 6281D 14.4v
    The same as yours

scruffy II can now self right (tested on 12v)

i have also made a more aggressive looking face plate and im looking at having a solid top plate with everything mounted upside down to it with a removable aluminium base plate which should save on weight
    Last edited by plargen; 11th May 2013 at 16:09.

at the moment i cant decide whether to have a 3mm welded top with everything mounted to it and a removable base plate to get access.............or to do what i did with scruffy 1 and have the base plate welded in and everything mounted to that and make the top plates removable

the main bonus with scruffy 1s version was that it was easily replaceable if it got damaged and there was an air gap between the top and the components but with the other idea it would be lighter and i could put a sacrificial layer of polycarbonate or hdpe

any advice anyone ???????/

scruffy 2 has moved along a bit more the actuator has been moved right up the front just behind the face which puts it 1/2 and 2/3 from the pivot once the front of the lifter is added

i also intend to put wheel arches to protect the tops of the wheels at the moment i cant decide whether to use a chunk of steel tube, as i have some 100mm di tube or to do something more like bigger brother

I can see a little bit of similarity to Bigger Brother already, so I'd be tempted to go for wheel arches of a similar style. The new eyes looks pretty evil as well, nice work

ok got the motors mounted, most of the re enforcement's and top plate welded in and mounted the actuator

now just waiting for the aluminium base plate

Register To Comment