Register To Comment
Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2331323334 LastLast

Thread: scruffy

Welp, spinners not gonna touch that

I reckon that Newton could have a good go at it. It cut through the 3mm mild steel wall on a ricochet so if its actively aiming to cut this I bet it will go though if it catches it right.
    Susan should also be able to put some slots in it once she is built. Just the sheer power to weight ratio of spinners makes even the best feather armour vulnerable.

On paper Lynx could have a good go at it but whether it'll be able to do anything in reality is a different story, looks solid though nice work.

I doubt a spinner could cut through any type of tool steel, specialy the tempered ones. Its much tougher than hardox or titanium but heavier than both. I would be concerned about shattering tho, mounting your tool steel on aluminium might help.

well if it does brake up i will shift to mild steel and just make a few replacement shells

Quote Originally Posted by Liftoff View Post
    I doubt a spinner could cut through any type of tool steel, specialy the tempered ones. Its much tougher than hardox or titanium but heavier than both. I would be concerned about shattering tho, mounting your tool steel on aluminium might help.
    Hardox weapons regularly break or twist Tool steel ones. I don't think any one has ever used Tool steel as armour over here though so we will have to see.

Quote Originally Posted by plargen View Post
    ok done a bit more to scruffy 3, just have to shape the scoop a bit and slope the sides then i can start making a different scoop design

If you can, also support the motor can or with a decent impact it will sever from the gearboxes.

ive used this setup before and never had a problem with the motor/gearboxes, one of mine had 2 years worth of abuse with no maintenance, i finally checked over the internals as the chassis was knackered..... bent and twisted thanks to 720 and conker and all i had to do was tighten the screws holding the motors on

this is probably the best pic i have of it

Register To Comment