Register To Comment
Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Invade's Build Diary

Because I've never got round to updating it since May last year! The other reason being that I'm constantly changing my antweights so it'd be a bit too much of an ordeal to update the website continually every time I made a new one! I'm still looking for a better, free and simple way of making a website with a bit less hassle than Microsoft Publisher!

All the info about our ants can be found here and here anyway

There's been little progress since February due to a few time-consuming factors, namely Telford, Barnsley, Whitwick, Portsmouth and York Now these are done I've finally managed to do something:

Baseplate and top plates have been added and the drive pods have been finished (so essentially minus some wiring it's in a drive-able state). As a result the screw-count has gone up to 67 Top and base plates are made out of 10mm HDPE. Current weight is 8.6kg, so 10.6kg with disc and 11kg with disc and motor. Even more sure that it's going to be tight on weight now!

After speaking with the Big Nipper team at York, we began to doubt our lipos. Since then I've had a look on the internet and found out that they're pretty old tech and only have a 20C discharge rate I doubt that they'd be able to handle a 80W draining brushless and 2 feather golds. So I've ordered two nice new ones from Hobbyking (http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... duct=32183),one for the drive, one for the weapon. And they're lighter than the ones I was going to use which is looking to be crucial!

11kg plus pulleys/shafts etc for the disc, two speed controllers, lipos, reciever, wiring and Hardox outer armour

Yeah weight will definitely be an issue. Having said that though it isn't impossible and should be in weight with a few sacrifices. The inner bulkheads can be lightened and Hardox may have to be used sparingly.

New lipos!

Quote Originally Posted by Team Invade View Post
    There's been little progress since February due to a few time-consuming factors, namely Telford, Barnsley, Whitwick, Portsmouth and York Now these are done I've finally managed to do something:

Baseplate and top plates have been added and the drive pods have been finished (so essentially minus some wiring it's in a drive-able state). As a result the screw-count has gone up to 67 Top and base plates are made out of 10mm HDPE. Current weight is 8.6kg, so 10.6kg with disc and 11kg with disc and motor. Even more sure that it's going to be tight on weight now!

After speaking with the Big Nipper team at York, we began to doubt our lipos. Since then I've had a look on the internet and found out that they're pretty old tech and only have a 20C discharge rate I doubt that they'd be able to handle a 80W draining brushless and 2 feather golds. So I've ordered two nice new ones from Hobbyking (http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... duct=32183),one for the drive, one for the weapon. And they're lighter than the ones I was going to use which is looking to be crucial!
    Hopefully that HDPE will hold up. The beetleweight that Will built I bought from Anttazz was made out of 5mm HDPE and it shattered when it fought a heavy blade. Be careful that doesn't happen to this bot.

Register To Comment