I managed to redesign my motor mounts in such a way they can be milled from HDPE as apposed to printed from Nylon, however the test part I did make was printed to prototype as I have redesigned it from 18mm material.

When I fitted the motor to the bot, it suddenly occurred to me that the drive motor doesn't fit in one piece and that I have to take the motor off from the gearbox to slide it in. I will have to remove a section of the back support to allow me to easily replace it and the wheel.

I wanted to get an overall look of how the front armour will look in real life, so I cut out some panels from cardboard and fitted it to the bot. I quite like it so far!

Next step is to design the weapon motor and gearbox so I can machine out the parts for it and fit.
Add a few mounting points for the internals and a padded section for the lipo.
Machine my front piece from aluminium for strength -this will be where most of the forces will be, as well as the from of the wedge.

So a busy few weeks ahead. Hoping to weld the rear covers and the front, but need to purchase my metal plate for that.
image.jpgimage.jpg
Australian version...?