Some of you are aware I had my first event with my first bot, did better than expected but I now have a list of improvements and upgrades I need to do. Some I can manage myself others are making my brain hurt so HELP PLEASE!!

Here goes:

1) I used 10mm thick HDPE for the chassis, it held up REALLY well. But looking to save weight without compromising the strength of the chassis. The bottom layer I had to make a massive hole in to fit the Linear Actuator, this is now going leaving me with a random hole. So Aluminum, I've heard/read people use it as their bottom layer. That sort of thickness are we looking at or am I better sticking with 10mm HDPE...?!

2) I lost drive to one side in my last fight due to the receiver plug from the esc falling out. I was talking to another lad during the event, he had the same problem. How can I solve this? I had already wrapped it in some padding, but its still not holding the plugs in securely enough!

3) Those of us using the cordless drill hack use the UNF 3/8, 3/16 hex things to attach the wheels. I want to screw in a bolt to the other side of the hex nut and secure it into the side armour (10mm HDPE) with a bearing. My imperial numbers are awful, short of buying blind and hoping I get lucky after my first 10 purchases, what size thread I'm I looking for?!?!?!?!?!

4) Removable links, been using a XT60. It works, but bloody difficult to pull out. Again spoke to a lad and he uses the XT90's, another uses the fuse as the link. Both seem better, but how do we secure it in place to the chassis and protect it from bashing and crashing. Mine was just pushed into the back and I prayed it didn't start sticking out after a few hits!!

That's it for now. May need some help with gearing but "I think" I have it sorted.....!!!!! (yes, I know I don't sound convinced!!)

Thank you all in advance!!