Hey all, been a while, mainly due to not doing much work on the beetle and a lack of events lol.

Had a fantastic time at Burgess, thanks to the Robots Live team, dave for setting up his arena and gareth for running the beetleweight competition!

Upgraded Ion with a new drum that was lighter, had better KE and accounted for countersunk bolt teeth to increase bite quite a bit..it worked pretty well, the weapon being great and the drive letting it down due to some settings in the transmitter somewhere I think?

One hit in testing on tin metal did this, I was pleasantly surprised at the time

roses tin test.jpg

Got third place overall after losing a brutal fight against Tempus in the semi final.

Vids of my four competition fights:

The wedge worked as planned, giving me an advantage against pushy bots, can tell the drive is really dodgey in all of these fights.

Got some big chunks out of the armour and weapon in this one, was close to OOTAing him twice sadly, brilliant fight.

ion pic 1.jpgion pic 2.jpgion pic 3.jpg

First pic shows self inflicted damage in my fight against fat lip, I can only assume the teeth weren't big enough and the opponents wedge dug into the alu behind. The second pic shows the MASSIVE gash from the Tempus fight which put the drum significantly off balance, impressive stuff!

May or may not have had a fun fight against the RC toilet after the competition and set fire to myself and burnt at least 2 electrical components..well pass over that for now

Cheers, Andy