Register To Comment
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Thread: Team Invade's Build Diary

That might just be the best looking vertical spinner i've ever seen, it's so neat and strong looking

Another great robot! I still question the use of scoops on the front of spinners but we know how good Inertia XL was so one to watch out for.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsam View Post
    That might just be the best looking vertical spinner i've ever seen, it's so neat and strong looking
    I am guessing you missed Binky's tests last year. Scared the heck out of everyone!

looks great, will drive nice to I imagine as the discs not overpowered, will be a strong contender... any plans for a self righting? you've got the weight for something similar to deamon in AUS...

The logic behind a scoop is that although it lowers the number of impacts, the impacts it gets should be better because the scoop feeds other robots into the disc better than just a flat front to the robot. That's my theory anyway, will be interesting to see how well it performs but based off other machines it should work quite well.

The gyro effect will be another thing interesting to find out. The spinner isn't overpowered as you say and the wheels aren't too far from the disc axle so that should all help, but at the same time the drive is seriously quick so that will add to it. I think it will just be the case of getting used to driving it to counteract the effect as much as possible.

Will have to look into self righting, another thing just too see what happens really and I'll go from there. When it is turned upside down when the disc's still going it's not just going to sit there, but I doubt it'll be enough to turn it back over unless it lands lucky. Having said that the front end is pretty good - should be on a par with Explosion and that gets under most other robots, so it might depend on how easily it gets flipped in practice. So long story short I'm going to see what happens this year and go from there - won't have much more time once the events start anyway!

First spin up

Has to be one of the best sounding spinups ever.

Roboteer

Tiny Toon says to say hello :-)
    Team Toon:
    Heavyweight UK Champion 2015
    Robot Wars World Annihilator Champion 2015
    Heavyweight Tag Team Champion 2012
    Featherweight UK Champion 2010
    Featherweight Annihilator Champion 2009,2011 & 2014
    Rebel Robots Champion 2009
    Pika Annihilator Champion (Belgium) 2012
    Tanja Trophy Winner 2010
    Team Champions ( Team Barbie) 2011