Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: safety rules for a rambot featherweight?

can someone please just run through all the rules and safety things i have to obay so i can fight with my featherweight?

i can seem to find anything just about rambots.

i will have a powerlight instaled and the batteries will be able to be disconected from everything else. are they the only 2 thing i need to do for a rambot?

Main tech check points for a ram bot.

-Failsafe, the robot should stop when Tx is turned off
    -Power Light
    -Cradle, to keep the robots wheels of the bench in the pits
    -Sharpe edge protection

Full tech check sheet can be seen here http://www.fightingrobots.co.uk/documen ... _Sheet.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by blazerbotics
    Main tech check points for a ram bot.

-Failsafe, the robot should stop when Tx is turned off

-Power Light
    -Cradle, to keep the robots wheels of the bench in the pits
    -Sharpe edge protection

Full tech check sheet can be seen here http://www.fightingrobots.co.uk/documen ... _Sheet.pdf
    can you please clarify the writing i put in bold?

i see that it needs an easy removable power link, my design didnt quite allow for it so i would have too take of the top lid (held on my 16 screws).

would that be ok? or does it need to be easier to get to?

The robot must failsafe, so it doesnt go out of control if it looses signal from the transmitter, what radio gear & speedo are you using, most modern sets have it built in?

No tools must be used to be able to access the link, you can't just remove the lid and disconnect the batteries. You need a link such as a deans connector/powerpole/anderson. Which you access through a hole or under a flap.

im useing one Electronize Type FR15HVR and one Type FR15HX and useing radiolink 7 channel 2.4ghz radio gear.

so i basiclly need a flap that i can somehow lock that i can get to the batteries etc to disconnect them?

To check if it failsafes, power up the robot (wheels off the ground) push the throttle stick forwards, hold it there, turn of the transmitter, the wheels should stop, likewise for the steering channel.

You need a link, you can't just disconnect the batteries. The link is basically a removable part of the circuit so it cant power up even with batteries connected without the link being in. Think Robo challenge do a ready made Deans one, but you can make one easily enough.

i got a plan which should work perfectly. all i need a 2 sets of dean connecters.

i just hope that when it comes to the day it and its all safety checked, that its ok to fight.

do i need it checked before the event or can it be done at the event (whitwick in talking about)

All robots get checked on the day, and at every event.

if it does fail, am i able to make any modifications that are needed at the event then get it tested again?

Register To Comment