Register To Comment
Page 98 of 105 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100 ... LastLast

Thread: 360 - mini hypnodisc

Birmingham laser mate- not worth doing it myself for £50

Hopefully it will all be welded up over xmas. Interested to try our new hybrid welding idea lol.

Quote Originally Posted by grant_ploughbot View Post
    Interested to try our new hybrid welding idea lol.
    Hybrid welding idea? That's an awfully fancy name for duct tape

Hybrid = duct tape + hot melt glue

hybrid welding takes ages….

Tig welded inside n out by Grant at robochallenge, which took hours to get it all millimetre perfect… It then had some super top secret mega weld put on top thats hard as hell (cant post on here for fear of Jamie ripping me off haha)… took me over an hour to just grind down the welds on the one side… ran out of gas before we could finnish the other side, but this is how she's looking so far…hopefully all the time going into it will be worth it;

had a quick weight check- to get in weight with the same top armour as last year would mean loosing around 50g, which isnt a problem… but to get the top upto 3.3mm i need to loose 450g… looks like the bulkheads might be getting some pockets put into some non load bearing area's soon

Sounds a combination of 309L base welding and a high carbon toplayer.

Try harder

Tell me your secrets!

Nah man that's looking rather sexy. What I am curious about is how you get such sharp lines on the edges when you grind stuff down. I remember noticing it with 540 too, is it just pure unadulterated skill or do you use more than just a standard grinding disc?

Yeah just an 80grit flap wheel mate and patience

Register To Comment