I have arranged a social for the East Midlands (Notts, Derby, Leics and Lincs) to run alternately with Jeremy Cuss in the Yorkshire area on Saturday 5th February.

Although we are one region not everyone finds it possible to attend due to the distances needing to be travelled, and a lot of roboteers have expressed a desire to attend a social in their area.

The venue is the Crusader public house and restaurant. It is situated on the first island on the A453 from junction 24 of the M1 towards Nottingham. It is within a 25 mile range of most roboteers in the south of the East mids region.

When I can work out how to post a link from Multimap I will re-post. Many roboteers will have driven past the Crusader on their way to RAF Newton in the past so will be familiar with the area.

I have reserved a small corner of the lounge, although food is served until 8pm we are not obliged to eat. On the other hand I can vouch for the quality of the food and have eaten there many times, should anyone wish to eat I would recommend arriving about 7pm, the social to start around 7.30.

Thats all for now, if anyone is planning to attend please e-mail me or post on this thread and I can get a rough idea of who is coming.

Trev