Hello there

Earlier this year my misses got me and my boy 2 tickets to watch robot extreme event in Guildford, been a long time since i had watched robot wars and must admit i think i was a bit more excited to see it then my boy, what an amazing show we loved it, my boy came straight home and started researching how to build robots and ive been getting pictures weekly of his "next greatest robot idea" not seen him so enthused about a subject in a long time.

Over the weekend we surprised him with a visit to the Amberley museum to see the robots live event, and once again my boy was hooked, so after the nod of approval from the misses we've been given permission to build our own YAY!

Now a little bit of history, this isnt the first time he has been into a new hobby, and being the supportive parent i try to be, i get him all the things he should need and spent a fortune only for him to fall out of love 2 weeks later.

So as a compromise, weve decided not to build a fighting robot just yet, more of a robot the will do the basics and see how he feels after that, if he still like it then we can get the proper bits he needs

So at the moment im looking to build on a budget, bought some 1000rpm 12v motors off ebay, and just bought a big sheet of 10mm HDPE after reading their recommendation on here.

Now read that the botbitz 10a speed controllers are good for what we need, but they dont seem to be in stock on ranglebox, so im looking for an alternative, doesnt need to be anything special, just fairly cheap.

Also im looking into hubs and wheels, i believe the shaft size on the motor is 4mm and is a "D" shape anyone know of a good wheel an hub combo?

IM sure there will be loads more questions as we get more involved, but thats all i can think of for now, any help will be truely appreciated

Kieron