Register To Comment

Thread: Electric Axe featherweight - first build of FW

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    SO this past weekend i was able to get my stuff ready for Portsmouth this weekend.

Had to redo some robot stuff to make it ready to fight so here is what i did.

The wiring was all squished up into one section of the chassis, meaning the ESC , fuses and RX were all crammed in together. Not much air flow and potential Noise affecting the RX. I was able to rewire the loom and include some XT60 and Y looms meaning i didn't have large junctions of hole crimp connectors attached together using a huge bolt. Hopefully the new layout will give better air flow and be able to secure everything better. The RX has now been moved to above the battery, however i still need to secure this in place with a box/cable ties. It is a bare PCB currently, so i either need to fit a new Rx or print a case for it.

The wheels seemed to bind on the Hardox back panel section, so a quick go on the angle grinder (right after showing or new neighbour the bot and saying how quiet it is on the street!) i was able to grind down some of the metal to give better clearance fit.

Oh and i replaced the gearbox with my spare, so both wheels are again working now. I still have a single spare so this should be ok. Just checked, Argos Farlington and comm road in Portsmouth have the Argos drills in stock should anyone need them!

***update - each store seem to only have 2 drills in stock!*****

Finally, i wanted a new paint job. This was overlooked last year as i didn't have time to paint due to getting the bot built and ready to go. I chose a lovely colour scheme which coincidentally matches the colour scheme of my HW robot, Yellow, black and red with silver footplate.

One thing I failed to realise, is the paint was still tacky after a few hours, so when I painted the bottom, the wedge stuck to the newspaper....

94F117F6-3552-4023-86B7-C7A152E27FCF.jpegCEC4A853-ED5C-4F8F-B6E1-4DB1082DFB21.jpg
    Last edited by Roboteernat; 13th May 2019 at 21:54.

Register To Comment