Hi all,

I was originally active on this forum about 7 years ago and got a lot of great advice but still being a student never really accomplished much! Having seen the recent RW series it rekindled my interest and I re-joined a month or so ago and started scouring all the advice threads again. Now I’m slightly less budget constrained I’ve decided to start off again and would appreciate some more advice .

So current setup drives around and is relatively nippy if not a little basic.
  • Spectrum DX6 + BR600
  • Wotty 100
  • 4x12v Drill motors + robo challenge mounts + blue wheels
  • Wooden proto-type wedge frame
  • Pile of NiMH batteries

My main problem before was that I have fairly limited mechanical experience (pretty handy with wood and diy now just never touched metal…) and no tooling. So questions:

1. Chassis / amour : Would love to have a metal frame but HDPE sounds like the way to go given then above. Anyone disagree or know how I can build a metal chassis easily? (Initially I will probably look at non-spinner events as I would hate to have all my hard work completely destroyed straight away!)

2. Weapon: Initially started building an electric axe with a 300w scooter motor and chain. From the post I’ve read pneumatics seems to be the slightly better way to go, is this achievable with my skill set and tooling? If so my other worry is ongoing running costs, an electric axe is pretty much zero, how much would refilling a pneumatic system cost?

3. Battery: When up and running will switch over to Lipos, can anyone recommend a good charger, threads seems to suggest an iMax B6, is this the right one?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/5fn/iMAX-...rds=b6+charger

Thanks in advance!