Register To Comment

Thread: Project Squirrel

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    When you talking about 2 ESC's to one receiver are you meaning both on to one channel (like 2 ESC's running 2 motors at identical speed on one stick) or separate channels like drive and weapons seperate?

You can comfortably do both, if you wanted to run two ESC's off one channel, like 2 motors running one weapon, you can use a y lead like this
    http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Servo-Extens...%257Ciid%253A2
    And there's similar y leads that reverse one of the ESC's (eg if you had 2 motors facing each other but wanted them spinning the same way).

If your talking about different channels it's also fine, As said by lowndsy you only want one power source (BEC) running the receiver, so chop (or Unwire/disconnect from plugs) all the red servo wires a part from one. It's sensible to choose your most reliable BEC / Esc to power your receiver as your robot will stop working if that esc breaks, so using a drive esc is normally best, also means you can easily run the robot with the weapon disconnected (like for testing).

of your using seperate drive ESC's (one for left side, one for the right side) you can use a thing called a mixer to combine the signal from two challenges, meaning one stick runs both sides in the right directions (duel ESC's have this built in)

As with Q1 that radio seems to be the same as a radio from"Giant Cod" which was a cheap set that people use to suggest buying a few years ago. it works fine, but I've had 2 receivers break over the years, I think others have had mixed experience with them too. From what ive seen, recently people have been suggesting a hobby king radio as a cheap first set. However I've not bought one myself, so someone else would have to confirm if that's a better choice.

If getting lipos, make sure to buy a proper lipos balancing charger, and always store and charge in a lipos guard (a special fire proof sack). Follow the fra rules regarding fuses etc, and have a Google about there safe use, and care (for example it stresses them to store them fully charged for long periods of time) . They can be a bit nasty if used incorrectly so learn about them before you buy one
    Last edited by Bodge Job; 24th May 2017 at 14:42.

Register To Comment