Hiya guys, long time bot builder in the lighter divisions, mostly converting show brought R.c cars into ant & beetle weight bots in the local rc club. My last build was aged 16.. so over ten years ago, i now have two children, one of which whos bad about all things Fighting bots, hes been through ever episode of RW atleast twice now, and as you can imagine is keen for me to get building.

Whilst my 10 year old bot building self can appreciate a 5 year olds haste to build a robot wars worthy bot, the adult i am now knows theres a lot of prep and design before i can physically "build"

Im a carpenter joiner by trade, but have dabbled it electronics and metal work all my life. i know i have the skills, but im going to lack the finer details of wiring and amps ect.

Ideal i want a partial or full body spinner.

My initial drive is going to be made using balance board bits, and im still trying to figure out if i can easily adapt the preexisting control board to take its control from a receiver rather than the pressure switches it currently uses. Will need to look into it further!

i will at some point start a build in progress post, just wanted to say in the mean time.

hope anyone has anything they can add and advise me with,

kind regards, Dan