Hi all,

I'm new on here, but have been working with emisnug (Rob Keyes) who I think has posted several times on here about questions regarding our build.

I am well aware that the answer to my question is going to be variable based on event organiser, however, I'm going to ask it anyway:

1) Is there a definitive ruling on maximum tip speed or maximum energy for rotational weapons?

I'm fairly confident there's no clearly defined limit in any rulebooks I've seen so far. It all seems to be "contact the event organiser". Given that Rob, myself and Ali (Team ARC) are threatening to apply for any future series of Robot Wars, plus potentially some of the Extreme Robots events, I am quite keen to get a definition (or set of definitions) once and for all. So far, we've had no reply from Mentorn to this question (over a series of emails).

2) Does anyone have any definitive answer on what the limits are for Robot Wars?

One of the guys from Nuts took the time to suggest on Reddit that he remembered it being ~250mph for Robot Wars, but this was a purely from memory answer. Thankfully, Jamie from PP3D sent me over here to get a proper answer.

Rob and I have just spent hours getting things down to a slightly more sensible tip speed (around the 250mph mark - down from 370!!!), but before we actually send everything off to our friends in machine shops, etc, I'd quite like to know that what we're building isn't over any restrictions. We've done the maths on Carbide's weapon based on the stats from last series, and came out with about 230mph, and we're fairly sure that machine is very close to any limits. I will admit it's a beautiful piece of engineering though - one I'd quite like to keep our robot as far away from as possible... for now!

Any and all input appreciated.

Thanks
- Chris