With the Kinematics UK Beetleweight championship in mind I've started to upgrade my first bot attempt.

(first version is here: http://www.fightingrobots.co.uk/thre...a-beetleweight )

However a dimension changed here and there......one thing led to another and I've basically ended up rebuilding it again . As the champs now has gotten a little further away, it will probably change again before then (but hopefully not). Its a 4 bar lifting robot, still using 8mm HDPE and it will be 3mm Polycarbonate and Aluminium on the outside. This version will have bigger ebay motors rather than servo drive, but only 2wd this time, plus botbitz controllers and a LiPo battery.

As I've mentioned before, I'm not an engineer or anything, and this is still my first bot, so I still don't know what I'm doing, and welcome any comments

Providing this isn't a name already being used (which I can't find anything yet after searching) it will be called "Catalyst".

This time I tried to be a little more precise with the marking out, as I know how it should go together. After drawing everything to exact size, I copied the parts onto clear adhesive vinyl using a normal, run of the mill printer (after checking it actually came out the original size)
20160913_135352.jpg20160913_141222.jpg
A whip round with the jigsaw and voila.
20160913_221808.jpg

The main parts of the chassis I've built to slot into each other, hopefully for extra strength. Then it will be self tapping screws to hold it properly. Here it is slotted together.
20160916_214318.jpg20160916_225544.jpg
Motors and baseplate
20160918_213425.jpg

More to come soon!