Hello all, might as well throw myself out there.

Been a long time Robot Wars/Battlebots fan, watched it since I was young as heck, and was absolutely bummed when I heard that there wasn't going to be an 8th series of RW... Until now, haha!

Me and my friend have been planning on building a heavyweight robot, just to see where it gets us if anywhere. Before you ask "Why not start with a smaller robot?" We'd just find it way too fiddily to work with, especially where the space is really confined.

So, to the question at hand. We plan on making a four wheeled pushing robot, that can be invertable and take hits on the front from spinning discs, bars, etc etc. We have the motors, bearings, bushings, R/C controller, the speed controller and batteries all thought out, written down, planned out and such... but now the problem is that we have no idea what material the wheel axles, the motor axle and the idler axles should be made out of or where to find such axles, so a nudge in the right direction would be fantastic, along with any other advice. We plan on using 3/8" pitch pilot bore sprockets from the BearingShopUK along with some shaft collars too.

Bonus points if we could possibly source it from the UK as well, because with the most expensive part being form the US, it'd be a major pain in the buttcheeks to get more items shipped over from there.

Thanks and much love.
DJ.

PS.: We don't have any access to anything to do with CNC or digital designs to get the axles, unfortunately. Just a couple of drills, a hammer here and there and the local garage to see if they could help us with the welding. :P