Register To Comment
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: [FW] Tracked 4WD Lifter: Aegis

If you want nice smooth edges after cutting, use a sharp block plane to get a glassy smooth finish.

After having looked into a name-clash with one of dragonzrmetal's bots, I'm changing this robot's name to Rampart. That had better not be taken by someone too. :P
    Last edited by R9000; 6th April 2016 at 00:36.

Hardox parts arrived today from Kcut! Super pleased with the quality, but I do need to order again, since I meant to get a pair of two of the parts, but I don't think I made it clear enough. Also, some filing shall have to be done to remove a couple of the burrs and make the holes a little bigger. I'm gonna try and get the HDPE chassis done soon, but I'm still waiting on T-nuts I ordered about three weeks ago that were just sent. :I Anyway, I'm most impressed with the look of this shovel. It's gonna give me plenty of much-needed protection up-front. :>

Picture 30.jpg

I am indeed, that part in the bottom-right is the new mounting bracket for it. Into that will fit the brushless motor and the linac (minus its original gearing and motor), and I'll drill some holes and add some of these new gears in, which are a decent amount bigger. I'm planning on having another plate on top to sandwich them in, but that can just be cut out of the same steel sheet I'll be using for my side armour.

It's pretty much direct - you can see how it works here, and probably spot the parts:

I made the parts in Sketchup, and then converted them to .DXF files with a plugin. If you have Sketchup Pro, you don't have to use a plugin, but you have to pay for pro. I put the files in my Dropbox and emailed links to Kcut, along with some extra screenshots and information on where to fold the bits that needed to be folded, and that's about it.

Register To Comment