Register To Comment
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Experience with "The Robot Market Place" ?

Are you sure you need the high 60V rating of the XDC2460? I don't know what drive motors you are planning to use but unless they run at a high voltage, you might be better off with an ESC that has a higher continuous current rating - 80 amps seems low for a HW bot to me (not that I've ever built one).

People like myself, normally go for the roboteqs with 120-150 amp per channel

The XDC2460 is 80 amp per channel continuous, with 150 amp max per channel, if it was to be running four hours id be a bit worried about the max amp, but for short amount of time it'll be running each period im sure it'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellis View Post
    If Alex's theory of your end price being essentially the USD price in GBP, then you may do better to just order this: http://www.active-robots.com/roboteq...ontroller-6395

I'm not 100% sure that this is stock held in the UK (be worth a call to check), but if it is it'd probably be faster and more straightforward than going through RMP.

God dam! The bill came to around £400.. I think the import duty will take it up to that! Plus ive gotta wait weeks for it to arrive too!!

Welcome to the wonderful world of ordering stuff from outside the UK. The funny thing being, we get screwed over by the government on tax all the time with everything we buy and yet because it's all wrapped up under VAT you are none the wiser.

Register To Comment