Register To Comment
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: BBC Robot Wars

Spinners are allowed. The new arena is made bulletproof.

I was in the last series of Scrapheap Challenge with Ian Watts and John Frizell, they never bothered to transmit the finals on TV so anyone watching the show had no idea who the winner was!!!
    Don't hold your breath for a new series!
    P.S. this is in reply to Danny B's post on page four.
    Last edited by pressure; 19th January 2016 at 16:54.

mickburkesnr
    First time poster here, just joined FRA as well!

I can't begin to tell you how excited I was when I heard Robot Wars was coming back, and that now I'm an adult with my own money I could actually build something to enter. So I've applied with a rough design which is a rehash of something I designed when I was at school. But 4 weeks, even in my optimistic nature, seems to be pushing it.

No matter, if I get accepted I'll build something quickly. If not I'll build it properly and enter it in some FRA events - which I didn't know existed until I started researching how to enter Robot Wars.

Welcome Michael, the live events are more fun than doing the TV show anyway!
    Mike.

mickburkesnr
    Quote Originally Posted by pressure View Post
    Welcome Michael, the live events are more fun than doing the TV show anyway!
    Mike.
    Sign me up! Where's the link to enter though? And rules etc.

Click on the FRA link at the top of the page to find the general FRA rule set. Each event is signed up for on an individual basis. Check out the live events section to see what's coming up. Get in contact with the event organiser who posted the thread to sign up.

Id personally heavily recommend doing live events first, and if your inexperienced to start of in the featherweight class.

Problem with rushing a build (especially your first), is you will likely make mistakes, it will cost money, and it probably wont end up as the finished product you want it to be.

Ive always personally recommended to build a featherweight rambot to newcomers, then to try weaponising that. At least then if you decide you out of your depth, or not as interested as you first thought - so on, youve only spent say £100 as opposed to £1000.

If you want, try and build something for the featherweight world championships - thats a smaller project, and has an extra month.

Register To Comment