Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hw esc

Looking for a decent HW esc about October time with next payday, going on 750's but masses of grip so need to handle a lot of pushing power

Anything going message me either on here or facebook if you have me

Still hunting for something suitable

Been thinking; if you're planning on running a high grip system using 750s running on 36v+, then there's a fair chance you'll burn your Bosches out pretty damn fast. I'd advise either running them at a lower voltage or finding a controller with current limiting..
    EDIT: Alternately you could sell the Bosches and buy a pair of these, which should give the same power as Bosches on 36v but are less likely to burn out as they're not overvolted http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/E-Scooter-El...424?nav=SEARCH
    Last edited by Rapidrory; 22nd September 2015 at 17:16.

Could just turn the rates down on my TX?

Doesn't work very well as it mixes the signals together to give 100% power when turning, which I've found will happily blow up motors still unless turned down to like 30%, in which case you may as well run a lower voltage battery anyway

You are welcome to buy back the VANTEC I took with SMIDSY. Haven't hooked it up or touched it so it should be good to go.

I ran it on a pair of 4qd 200's, you're going to need something pretty chunky to run it on 36v. Plus as Rory says, you will almost certainly burn out the motors in combat, it was never design for that, it would really need gearing down more, whether on 24 or 36 volts. However you'll be surprised how little grip you will have in the arena on those big wheels.

I do have a pair of 4QD 200s and interface if you exhaust all other options

"However you'll be surprised how little grip you will have in the arena on those big wheels."
    Alan those wheels aren't big
    I do agree with Alan on over volting motors. if the optimum volts are 24 then that is the target to aim for reliability wins fights. I would start off with simple and reliable then modify from there. for an example Gabriel in the World Champs uses 24V motors running on 22.2V. I don't think anyone would say it is slow or underpowered.
    I would argue over volting is done as a result of desperation, rather than design.
    looking forward to seeing your robot in the arena soon.
    Craig

Quote Originally Posted by mattsdragons View Post
    Could just turn the rates down on my TX?
    Reducing the rates and the endpoints can limit the motor current but the higher voltage will still cause extra brush arcing, which leads to faster wear and more heating. When I was still using brushed 14V motors at 22V, they put on a major fireworks show! Better quality motors with large brushes don't suffer from this as much but if you want to over-volt, I would always choose a motor with replaceable brushes.

Register To Comment