Register To Comment
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: First Ever Robot Build: Invertible Featherweight Vertical Disc Spinner

A deans connector with a loop of wire is what most people use, and yes you can use that tx with that rx with no problems

A Deans. I would opt for the EC5, at least for a high power spinner....

I don't know, Hannibalito 4/Defector ran on wheels bigger than that and a set of GR01s which are essentially the same... Might put a lot of stress on the gearboxes but it's possible I guess. And soft tires will give you more grip, with also a lot more wear, harder ones will have less grip but won't wear as much. Most people go for the harder compounds and it works well enough for them, so I'd probably suggest those!

It's a trade off though, as ever. Depends what's better for your design and your preferences, but I'm not sure if lots of grip on those size wheels and those gearboxes are a particularly good idea, might put a lot of stress on the components...

When it comes to the Banebots wheels dont bother with the green ones, you will be burning a set every fight. Orange is ok but be prepared with spares as you will need them. I would stick with blue TBH. They are more than grippy enough and will last you an entire event. I did testing with Conker 3 on concrete for a good hour and ran the whole 2014 champs on the same set of wheels with no issues.

As for the size... the drills at full speed on 124mm wheels will be very quick, possibly too quick and with an unsupported shaft probably wont last that long either due to a bent shaft or trashing the internal gears.

Go with EC5's for your connectors as you are building a spinner. The current spikes and general high ampages will burn out Deans and TX60's. And even if they don't its better to be safe than sorry.

Drills with 124mm wheels would be OK, but more susceptible to gearbox damage/wear. Any larger and your drive is totally underpowered. For example, Defector runs GR01s, which are essentially drills, with 170mm wheels and it can barely push another robot.

The metal gears will be a direct replacement for the plastic ones so they will just go straight onto the existing pins.Depending on your design you could have a bearing block supporting the shaft in between your wheel and the gearbox.

Register To Comment