Register To Comment
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Wraith, the El Cheapo spinner

I'll try the drill bit then, doubt it'll be fun either way but the bar should be on by tomorrow

Cut the teeth for the bar today and it went really well, the thin discs cut out both teeth in a couple of minutes and really accurately. These things are huge though and just for the record around 450g each.
    Last edited by mrsam; 13th August 2014 at 12:35.

Cut the baseplate as well earlier and assembled everything for full on pretendobotness, looks pretty good so far if I do say so myself.
    Last edited by mrsam; 13th August 2014 at 18:39.

This is progressing crazy fast - nice work!

Cheers Nick, there are some bits i'm not all that happy with but seeing as it's only for whiteboards and demo's it doesn't need to be perfect first time round. Will hopefully have the teeth on the bar and the bar on the robot by the end of today.

Was going to start on the bar today but Father duties come first, so just as a little taster here's all the parts for the bar "assembled" in a stacky fashion. For those interested the finished weight is around 1.5kg.

Having the teeth on opposite sides of the bar will make it dynamically unbalanced, which will shake the bot about and cause bearing wear. Its better to put the teeth on the same side.

Ah okay cheers Nick

Also, assuming it's to spin clockwise (based on the pic), having the chamfered corner where it is will prevent you from getting hits on low targets. Flipping the teeth over will give you a big bludgeoning hitting edge, the tip of which is the maximum diameter of the weapon so it'll always hit on the flat.

I'll give them a flip then, good thing i posted the pic before i got to drilling, would have hated to take it all apart again.

Register To Comment