Hello lads, I'm skilled in 3D printing, CAD design, a reasonable amount of miniature engineering (I work for a model company called Narrow Planet) and construction which isn't really relevant unless I make an arena!
And after a decade long hiatus from having any interest in robot combat, I've been dragged back into the hobby by a few game freelance designers to create a non profit extensive mod for a game called Robot Arena 2. (See link http://robotwarsra2.webs.com/ )

Since my interest has been rekindled I've been wanting to build an ant-weight that functions and resembles a heavyweight rather than having a skittish mound of wires and servos dancing across the table. For my first crack at making an ant, I would like to build something very similar in shape to Iron Awe 7 that includes a working Pneumatics system and makes use of geared down 6/8mm x 12mm coreless motors rather than the eBay specials that have gearboxes attached. I would like the outcome to look solid, move itself along slowly so it's controllable, but have enough kick in it to shove itself underneath another robot and for the pneumatic flipper to be capable of throwing another ant around 3inches in the year at least... And for all this to somehow cost less than about £70-£80. I'm wanting to build this to out my skills to the test so I'm not too bothered about materials, as I only intend on making my first robot to play around with but put on a damn good show for my nieces and nephew.

I know that I'm probably asking for a lot but I would like this to be a cheap project.
Cheers,
Adam