Register To Comment
Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: FRA UK Featherweight Championship 2014 hosted by RoboChallenge

I don't recall any of the main competition matches lasting a full 3 minutes today; its been much more brutal than last year's videos suggested.

The main competition fights rarely did, a good few shockers this year (particularly the seeds that were knocked out!) and generally quite vicious competition. Tomorrow's fights will be very interesting indeed!

Going to be some really good videos to watch back!

Certainly!
    Does anyone happen to have that first whiteboard fight on video? I want to watch back the bit when I drifted across a full corner of the arena haha

Congratulations to all the winners, especially Ellis for getting Rango onto the podium after so many problems!

I had a great time and will be back to win a shiny trophy.

Thanks to everyone for the most memorable event yet. I think this year is going to have some stunning footage and be talked about for quite some time.

Conker 3 limps away on 3 wheels with just 7 points. The the 3D case is going to be replaced with a titanium box for next year and once the Hardox is straightened and the rear bar is replaced she will be good to go again. The truly single tooth whisk has made it mark, literally, but will need to be stiffened up to continually deal out the punishment it did. The 3D printed drive system is still perfectly fine so I will be keeping that for next year.

Binky, surprisingly, goes home with 9 points and only a broken tooth. If it hadn't been for the errors we it could have been up there in the second round at least. With better drive for next year and a secondary weapon for different targets she will be back to deal out more damage. I am still surprised at how well she shruggs of spinners when they hit the rear armour but she will be getting reinforcements anyway.

PS: Thanks to everyone for looking out for my wallet. We found it buried in the bottom of one of the box's when we got home. I think it topped in there when I was shifting things round.

Congratulations to the winners and runners up it was a truly amazing event and thank you to everyone for being so accepting of a newcomer and especially thank you to anyone who either pitched in to fix Hatchet or who offered parts so that it could compete. The current version of Hatchet will live on for a while, the chassis is still usable despite taking huge punishment from the spinners but the speed controllers for the drive, batteries and axe mechanism will all need an upgrade to get it working. I'll be going for a lipo seeing as they're pretty much the standard now and also some TZ85's for the drive, the axe needs to be on a larger reduction and really needs to be using stronger chain ( it broke a chain in almost every battle) so that will be going from 6mm to 8mm, again a huge thank you to everyone that made my first event such an enjoyable experience and i hope too see you all again at some more events once Hatchet has been fixed.

What a great year for robot combat, all the robots were better then ever well done to team beast for getting there hands back on the trophy. Had a great time fighting, watching and generally just chatting with you all.

fairly happy with no toys 9 points total more power required on the axe tip for next year.

hope you have a safe journey home

adam and louise

Right back at you, Haz - great meeting you too!

I have to say, I've had an absolute blast these last few days, thanks to everyone involved for just being so friendly and helpful - it's been such an incredible time and I was genuinely gutted to have to go home at the end of it all really...

Will definitely be improving HardWired II and coming back next year to get more than 8 points, and to as many events as I can inbetween! HardWired III may also be a thing by next year's champs bit we'll see... Huge thanks to Mario for all the help putting the machine together, it wouldn't be the absolute brick it is now without such a solid design and construction!

Congrats to John for that 1-2 victory (and to John and Will for ace driving) as well as Rango and Defector for a very well deserved 3rd and 4th respectively! Everyone's done brilliant though, it seems to have been extremely close this year, compared to what I've seen from previous years! Just goes to show the machines are always getting better!

Again, thanks everyone for such a great time, I've enjoyed every minute of it - it's been great meeting everyone too, hope to see you all again soon!
    Last edited by Flag Captured; 13th April 2014 at 21:35.

Register To Comment